Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Visual Journal Workshop - Week 2

The workshop has to do with learning how to create new journal pages by RECYLING or using  previous art work.  Since I don't have any I used the previous (& first) collage.  I made a copy of it and cut out some elements to reuse and create a whole new journal page.
I learned about using oil pastels to add color and found out they don't blend very well over collage glue which is why some of the colors in my piece have definite borders...however its still a good effect. The oil pastels blend real well over the coat of gesso....and now I'm ready for Week 3.



3 comments:

*jean* said...

beautiful page, sher! i also liked mixing the gesso+water and using it over everything...

little people is up today..

xo jean

Lady Writer said...

i like it! and seeing your handwriting ;0)

Jade said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!