Sunday, March 27, 2011

Being Present

Leapin' Lizards!!

I used to get freaked out whenever I'd see one of these lizards much less stand around and take their picture...but I'm quite used to them now since they're around all the time.  This is the first time I saw two of them playing together. It was kinda cute to see them wrestle and play hide and seek!

Since getting my new camera in January, I seem to STOP, take notice and enjoy life around me as I never did before..of course, always with the thought of capturing the moment.  However, sometimes I get too caught up in getting the image (I'm still learning my camera functions) that I lose out on the experience!

The other day I noticed a falcon perched on the roof of the apartment building next door and I could have easily taken a picture from my window..BUT my camera was downstairs.  By the time I realized what I was looking at and had run downstairs and outside to take the photo..he was gone!  I realized later that I missed out on a wonderful gift as I have never seen a wild falcon that close and may never again!

 I have decided that my camera will always be within reach whether I'm outside or in!  And if its not...to enjoy the moment anyway and not miss it in search of the camera!

4 comments:

Jillsy Girl said...

Oh my...can I relate!!

mo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mo said...

I LOVE IT!!! Your bunny looks awsome!

Thanks for stopping by this morning.

I feel the same way about lizards. (Must be the Geico commercials) lol

They eat bugs...that is good enough for me.


Have a super day Sher.

*hugs*

mo

haze said...

if i have a camera, i will put it around my neck ALWAYS... haha.... oh dear, lizards are such slimy (?) creatures, i think i will never get used to it :)

i love the new lay-out, :))